Thursday, March 7, 2013

Hair Maintenance

Our hair comes in many different lengths, textures and hues.  It will therefore need its own unique regimen that will cater to it and help it to grow.  To maintain a healthy head of hair, we need all need some of the same basic things in our arsenal:  a healthy diet, plenty of water, and exercise.  Everything else we use to give our hair shine, bounce, or definition, like the latest product or technique that we've come across, is completely selective, and may or may not work for your hair like it will for someone else's.  Another thing that we all need to maintain a healthy head of hair is to protect our strands at night.  Using a satin or silk scarf and/or pillowcase at night, will not only perserve that style you've just perfected, but it will also help protect your hair from things like breakage, frizz, and dryness. For instance, I find that for my own hair in particular, as it relates to maintenance, setting my hair in a style while it's wet will yield the best results.  That style will last longer, and not require a lot of maintenance.  Conversely, I find that if I style my hair dry, after a blow out, I will need to re-twist every night, and apply product daily.  I almost always cover it in a scarf or bonnet (there are nights where I get lazy and I paid for it in the morning trust me..lol) It really all depends on your hair's needs.  It's very important for you to get to know your hair in all its uniqueness to determine what it needs and what styling methods will work for you.  There are many products out there that will help your hair to stretch or shrink, look curly or sleek.  Love your hair enough to find out what those things are and have fun with the process.  Your hair will thank you.

Please visit www.returnofthecurls.com for information on upcoming expos.

No comments:

Post a Comment