Monday, March 25, 2013

The Infamous.......Terressentials-In Review






This will be my review and thoughts on the infamous, the one and only, highly sought after, all around terrific hair mud wash-Terresentials.  I purchased this product after reading many reviews, watching countless YouTube videos, and hearing the testimonials of close friends who used it and fell in love with it.  To date, I have not heard any negative reviews, and have heard very few (and I am thinking hard to remember that it was two) people who thought this product to be just okay.  My opinion of it is not very different.  In fact, since I first used it, all I can do is rave about it.  I've been using this product now for a little over a month, with no complaints. You can find everything you need to know about the product from cost, to ingredients, to which variety to get for your hair type and everything in between, at www.terressentials.com

Let me tell you what it did for my hair.  After scouring the site for info on which one would be best for my hair type, I decided to purchase two for comparison:  Left Coast Lemon and Cool Mint.  I tried the Cool Mint first as I'm partial to all things minty.  It had me at hello.  My hair was left soft, cleansed, and well moisturized.  I have gotten this from other cleansers, I will not lie.  But what I didn't get from those cleansers was great curl definition.  Yes, my curls were super defined, without having to add any other product-just from a mud wash cleanser!!! It blew me away.  I heard and read reviews where people mentioned not having to deep condition their hair after using this product because their hair felt just that soft and moisturized.  Admittedly, my reaction was that of doubt.  I thought to myself, yeah, right..um, ok, me not deep condition after using a cleanser..not gona happen.  Lo and behold, after using it for the first time, I had to say to myself, open mouth, and insert foot, because I did not feel the need to deep condition after using this kind.  Not. At. All. 

On the next wash day, (which was a week later) I tried the Left Coast Lemon.  The results did not vary much.  Although, I must say that I did feel the need to deep condition after using this kind.  It didn't feel, for me, as soft and mositurized.  Other than that all results were the same.  Great curl definition, fresh clean hair, and I did get soft moisturized hair..just not overly soft and moisturized as I did with the Cool Mint.

To summarize my application process, I wet my hair with warm water.  I then squeezed a whole heap of the product into my palms and worked it through, focusing on my scalp.  I repeated this process until, my strands were covered, and had this product massaged well into my scalp.  I rinsed then repeated. I used both varieties the same way.  I did not part my hair into sections; I never do.  My first application, using the Cool Mint, my scalp did feel a strong tingle.  Every application after the tingle was slight.  I didn't feel a tingle at all using the Left Coast Lemon. The mud wash rinses out very easily; not extra time is needed; therefore no extra water wasted.  After, my rinse, I styled my hair as I normally would and only deep conditioned when necessary.  My hair was very easy to detangle after as well.  My fingers and/or comb just glided right through.  I narrowed down my product use to about a quarter size per wash moving forward.

Now I will say, I did not follow the detox recommendation..I used it as I would my normal shampoo.  I must warn you that, as someone that went from using a shampoo that lathers (sulfate free shampoo), to one that does not later at all, as the Terressentials, when I first started out, it was easy to go overboard with the application.  It's just human nature.  However, it did not affect my results at all-you really can't go wrong using this product.  It took me a few applications to figure out the perfect amount. 

One added bonus when using this product (that I learned in my research) was that many people used it to cleanse their face as well. I'm all for a two in one product.  I used the Left Coast Lemon variety as a face mask with no problem.  Skin felt clean, and I moisturized as normal afterward.  However the Cool Mint was a no go.  My face stung the minute I applied it.  I thought, hey this will probably go away once I let it sit, but it didn't.  There was no way I could let it sit on my face longer than two minutes; I had to rinse it off immediately.  So, perform that treatment with caution.  Do a skin test unlike the one I did..LOL.

I give this 10 out of 10, five out of five stars, a 100%, an A+.  There is only one other product that I prefer cleansing my hair with, outside of the Terressentials mud wash.  I'll save that for another review. 

For more information, or to purchase Terressentials, go to www.terressentials.com

Please note:  I am not being paid to do this review and purchased the products with my own money. 

While you are on the net searching and what not, please also visit www.returnofthecurls.com for information on upcoming on the fabulous natural hair expos this Spring and Summer in Richmond, VA and Greensboro North Carolina.





No comments:

Post a Comment